Leica 28mm f2 Apo-Summicron-SL ASPH Black 111-83
20% off Brand New Leica 28mm f2 Apo-Summicron-SL ASPH 111-83
Now: £3600 inclusive of VAT
- Wide-angle lens for the Leica SL-System
- Quick and quiet focusing thanks to precision autofocus system with Dual Syncro Drive TM
- Precise production "Made in Germany" under the highest quality standards
- Reflection and scattered light optimisation through high quality coating and optimised frame geometry
- AquaDura ® coating for dust and spray protection for use in everyday photography under extreme conditions
- L-mount bayonet
With the APO-Summicron-SL 28mm f2 ASPH., another high-performance wide-angle lens joins the Leica SL-System. Its angle of view makes the APO-Summicron-SL 28mm f2 ASPH. especially suitable for reportage, interior and architectural photography. Its maximum aperture – which is large for this focal length, yet can be used without any loss of image quality – offers additional creative possibilities through the controlled application of sharpness and blur.
Thanks to the L-Mount standard, the APO-Summicron-SL 28mm f2 ASPH. is equally compatible with cameras made by other partners of the L-Mount Alliance that have been equipped with the Leica-developed lens mount.
The autofocus drive of all Summicron-SL lenses employs extremely robust and high-performance stepping motors with DSD® (Dual Syncro Drive™). This enables the AF to travel the entire focusing range in around 250 milliseconds.
13 lens elements (three of which feature aspherical surfaces on both sides) in ten groups contribute to a maximum level of image quality even at wide-open aperture. In addition to optimising the optical and mechanical design, the developers also reduced unavoidable reflections to an absolute minimum by applying a high-quality coating to the lens surfaces.
Thanks to their effective sealing against dust, moisture and water spray, as well as the Aquadura coating of the exposed lens surfaces, these extremely durable lenses can be used in almost all weather conditions without any reason for concern.